Sunday, February 7, 2010

Redmond, WA: Swedenborg Church of Puget Sound

A lot of peers in my various circles do gigs like this all the time, often with UU / UCC / Spiritual Living congregations in addition to these sweet Swedenborgians (fascinating fellow), and becasue I speak the language folk often assume that I have a lot of overt material in my canon suitable for these sorts of occasions. Not that my songs are incongruous, but I think of my writing as being more story-centered than message-centered, with perhaps more ambiguity and room for listeners to draw their own conclusions. That said, it was a blast to have some 'community'-oriented tunes that fit this morning's messages (unknown to me until I arrived) to a T! And the DanceWorks Studio space in which they met is way cool, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment