Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seattle, WA: Conor Byrne Pub (Bushwick Book Club - The Outsiders)

Reading the book (I watched half the movie in 7th-grade), there was one passage that gave me an acute sense of déjà vu. I was elated to finally trace it to one of the first YouTube videos I ever saw.

In the hours before the show, I played a baseball game in my head between the Greasers and the Socs. The home-team Greasers win, 5-3, with Sodapop pitching a complete game victory. Soc Bob leaves early due to injury; Greaser Johnny does, too, later after laying down a sacrifice. Dally Winston goes 3-for-5 with an RBI, but is caught stealing late.

I didn't write my song about either of these things. Instead, I serenaded the noisy Bushwick crowd in this room with a fabricated history of Windrixville (where Ponyboy and Johnny escape via train-hopping after Johnny stabs Bob) and the doomed hilltop church: "All That's Left Behind."


No comments:

Post a Comment