Sunday, March 25, 2012

Seattle, WA: Musicquarium Lounge at The Triple Door

The lights are off-upon-arrival in the MQ fishtank--an ominous sign... The rest of the evening unfolds like this:

Occasionally in conversation I note that some performance-related experience from my past strikes others as more incredible or noteworthy than it does me, and I realize that I have different expectations as a result of logging many performances over the years. It is not, I hasten to point out, that I am jaded and cannot again be taken by a moment--indeed, that possibility is still a huge part of my commitment to live performance--but it take more to catch me off-guard. And it can still happen...like in the, um, intensity showcased by tonight's late-Sunday, post-mainstage-show dance party... (Good thing the band kept our hoedown set handy!)

Two lingering observations:
That was a lot of dancefloor touching!
And does that sign say "Blame Wes Weddell" ??


No comments:

Post a Comment